Who is the targeted audience for Camp-Ins?
Overnight Camp-In is primarily for grades 2-6. Scout Councils (Girl Scouts & Boy Scouts) historically have been a major participant in the program.
How much is Camp-In?
Campers – $47 Members; $50 Non-Members
Chaperones – $37 Member; $40 Non-Member
When can I register my group? How?
Reservations are now open. You can register your group by calling 419.244.2674 ext. 250.
How soon do I have to pay for the program?
Full payment is due at registration. Early registration is recommended!
What does a typical Camp-In schedule look like?
- Check-in is from 5:30-7:00pm. Campers will store their gear, and are able to explore Imagination Stations Exhibition areas until the Welcome Show. The leaders and participants will receive maps and schedules upon arrival.
- Welcome Show begins at 7:15pm in our Extreme Science Theatre. (This will give a basic overview of what to expect!)
- Themed hands-on workshops are scheduled from 7:30-10:45pm.
- Large Group Activity from 10:30-11:30pm
- Campsite Time! Retrieve gear, set-up campsite, and get ready for bed from 11:30-11:55pm.
- Lights dim at approximately 12:00am.
- Rise and Shine! 7:00-8:00am. Time to clean up your campsite and eat breakfast.
- Leader Feedback Session 9:30am
- Explore Imagination Station and Simulator ride from 8:00-10:00am
- 10:00am Camp-In ends! Campers are welcome to stay and explore until close at 5:00pm
Where do Camp-In participants sleep?
Campers sleep outside of the Exhibition areas, typically in the hallways and open exhibition galleries. You will receive your campsite location during check-in. Small air mattresses are permitted.
What if I want to attend Camp-In, but I do not want to stay the night?
Early departures are allowed. Participants should inform Imagination Station of this decision during registration. The night of your Camp-In you should go to the Visitor Services desk to make sure the doors are disarmed before you exit the building.
If I do not stay the night, am I able to come back in the morning?
Yes. You should call Visitor Services (419.244.2674 ext. 100) in the morning and let them know your approximate time of arrival. They will make sure the door is unlocked for you.
How long will Science2GO! stay open?
Our store will remain open until 8pm. Closing announcements will be made one hour and one half-hour before closing. Science2GO! will open at 8am the next morning.
What is Imagination Station’s required ratio of chaperones to campers during Camp-In?
Imagination Station requires at least one adult for every seven campers (1:7). All campers must be accompanied by an adult.
Who can I contact for more information?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Reservations at 419-244-2674 ext. 250.