Crime Scene Science
Gizmo’s gone missing!
Camp-in is an overnight program designed to inspire boys and girls, grades 2-6, to discover science in an entertaining, educational and interactive way. The program offers single gender and co-ed nights, one night a year for girls in grades 7-12, and one night for families. This program includes hands-on workshops, exploration time to interact with exhibits, a scavenger hunt and a ride in the simulator theater. Participants also receive 2-days admission to Imagination Station along with a souvenir patch.
Crime Scene Science Workshops, include:
- DNA Extraction – What does DNA look like? How do forensic scientists get the DNA from cells to use it for identification purposes? Extract your own DNA to take home with you!
- Fingerprints – Compare the big and small details of your fingerprints to those of your friends! Learn how to lift and preserve fingerprint evidence.
- Chromatography – Use simple science principles to identify which pen wrote a ransom note.
- Hair Analysis – Learn how to use a microscope to prepare and study a slide of your own hair.
- Shoe Print Casting - How can you capture the tiny details of footprints in the dirt? Practice by making your own shoeprint cast, which can dry overnight for you to take home in the morning!
- Teeth Impressions - How does studying teeth impressions help in Crime Scene Science? Eighty percent of the time teeth impressions are used to identify people. You will have the chance to match teeth impressions to discover who took the bite from a piece of our evidence.
Participants – $37 Members/$40 Non-Members
Chaperones – $27 Members/$30 Non-Members
2011 Camp-In Schedule
Saturday, January 29 – Boys
Saturday, February 5 – Girls – CLOSED OUT
Friday, February 11 – Girls
Saturday, February 19 – Co-Ed
Saturday, February 26 – Girls
Saturday, March 12 – Co-Ed
Friday, March 18 – Girls (7-12th grades)
Friday, March 26 – Boys
Friday, April 1 – Girls
Saturday, April 9 – Girls
Thursday, April 14 – Families
Saturday, April 16 – Boys – CLOSED OUT
- Early registration is recommended and appreciated. Full payment is due at registration.
- Imagination Station requires a minimum 1:7 ratio of adult to child. Children who are not the appropriate age for the Camp-In program are not permitted to attend.
- Refunds are not possible, however, registrations are transferable to another date.
- Participants unable to attend or reschedule their visit due to an emergency will receive 2 Imagination Station admission passes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Camp-In.
To register for Camp-In, either submit the form below or fill out the downloadable .pdf here and send to Imagination Station, One Discovery Way, Toledo, OH 43604, Attention: Camp-In Reservation.