Navy Week 2012
August 21-26, 2012
Join Imagination Station in celebrating those who protect us from sea to shining sea as we celebrate Navy Week!
Did you know that the Navy trains sailors to do dozens of jobs that are considered both traditional and non-traditional military occupations? From air craft controllers, mechanics, electricians and minemen to chefs, dentists, musicians and photographers, sailors are given the opportunity to train for a variety of occupations while serving their country, preparing them for careers after their service is complete.
During Navy Week we will be celebrating with many different activities here at Imagination Station.
- Active sailors will be at Imagination Station all week talking with visitors about their individual careers within the Navy.
- Test your skills on the Navy Simulator and Suburban, Tuesday the 21st and Wednesday the 22nd.
- The Silent Drill Team will be performing throughout the day on Friday the 24th.
- Enjoy the nautical sounds of the Navy band on Saturday the 25th.
- Navy ships will be docked in the Maumee River and available for touring throughout Navy Week. (Tours are not provided by Imagination Station, although we will provide information when it becomes available.)
All military personnel and their family will receive free admission during Navy week (August 21-26), with proper military ID. Take a tour on one of their boats.