Posted Date: 8/18/2022 10:52:01 AM
Updated Date: 11/17/2022 9:54:23 AM
Tags: Accounts Receivable, Accounting
DESCRIPTION: This position will report directly to the Controller and is a key member of the Finance team. This position carries responsibility for the full scope of functions related to the monthly general ledger reconciliations, accounts receivable activity, while supporting operating functions vital to the facility's admission and retail operations to include, vault control, cashier balancing and daily reconciliation summaries needed for Imagination Station.
FUNCTION: Maintain and support all process and policies associated with the cash balancing, accounts receivable function and monthly general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Perform day to day financial transactions including verifying classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable data.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for, properly posted, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Analyze general ledger accounts, including preparing monthly reconciliations.
- Provide support to the Controller during monthly close and annual audit.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of cash flow throughout the facility.
- Compile and report data pertaining to all financial activities to include: Admissions, Visitors Services, Membership, Group Reservations, Atomic Café, Science 2 Go, and all other revenue activities.
- Perform all accounting and finance procedures necessary to ensure proper account balancing.
- Control and reconciliation of cash drawers and bank safe, including providing change to the cashiers.
- Manage all deposits and procedures pertaining to courier service, including change orders.
- Monitor visitor locker activity, as well as exhibit generating revenue.
- Responsible for the daily deposits and financial transmittals.
- Assist with the verification of all opening and closing cash transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Bachelors or Associate Degree in business or finance, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ Years of experience focusing on financial and administrative processes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and accounting/financial software.
- Effective communication skills and works well with others.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to adhere to guidelines, standards, and written procedures.
- Proven strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and desire to balance numerous projects.
- Ability to be tactful and maintain confidences.
- Experience with MIP (Abila) accounting software is a plus.
- Previous non-profit experience is a plus.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefit package.
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
All applicants must apply on-line at ImaginationStationToledo.org and submit a detailed resume outlining job history and experience. If you are unable to complete our on-line application due to a disability, contact us at 419-214-9102 to ask for an accommodation or alternative application process.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time