Posted Date: 9/15/2022 3:08:50 PM
Updated Date: 9/15/2022 3:09:29 PM
Tags: Fund Raising Development
The Advancement Manager reports directly to the Director of Institutional Advancement. They will be responsible for the successful design and implementation of all activities to minimally secure $350,000 dollars in individual and corporate support. A key deliverable will be to significantly expand giving in said support. The selected candidate should also be prepared to show a successful history of fundraising growth through donor and prospect research, acquisition and stewardship with emphasis on relationship building and sustenance. The strongest candidates will possess a passion for inquiry and demonstrate an enthusiastic interest in informal science education.
- Foster a donor-centric approach in all development work across the organization
- Gain familiarity and remain knowledgeable in Imagination Station programming and activities helping identification and alignment of donor interest and the science center’s work
- Exhibit a sincere desire and drive to see Imagination Station’s success through building financial resources
- Maintain a productive relationship cross-functionally with programs, experience, marketing and finance teams to advance development work
- Excel in all development activities including effective proposal and impact report writing and cultivation and acquisition plan development that broadens and deepens donor base
- Maintain active community relationships and networking opportunities during and outside work hours
- Maintain an active meeting schedule with new and existing donors
- Based on revenue budgets; set goals and objectives to achieve fundraising success
- Maintain all donor information and activity in donor software system
- Successfully plan and execute all development strategies of the annual fund campaign (AF) including the planning and execution of a moves management plan for existing donors
- Increase AF giving by 20% annually through retention and acquisition
- Working with the membership manager, analyze members for prospective donors and develop a strategy and plan that creates a desire to support Imagination Station as a donor
Individual and Corporate Development
- Work closely with the Director of Advancement in the strategic cultivation, recruitment and retention of new individuals and corporate donors
- Identify and cultivate potential individual donors who exhibit an alignment with Imagination Station’s work with intent to build individual donor base
- Research and cultivate corporations/businesses new to Imagination Station, aligning their business interest with Imagination Station’s work culminating in increased revenue for events, programs and exhibits
- Plan and execute event sponsorship acquisition with increased revenue as primary goal while nurturing key relationships and event objectives
- Bachelor's degree. Three to five years in successfully demonstrated fundraising.
- Experience in membership-driven environments, cultural or educational institutions preferred
- Proven exceptional skill at cultivating and sustaining authentic relationships with donors and other key constituents
- Confident, personable and comfortable representing the institution to a variety of individuals and corporate stakeholders
- Proven track record in all facets of fundraising including annual campaigns, special events, data analysis and reporting, prospect research and cultivation and database management
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, exceptional conversationalist
- Positive, energetic big-picture individual with solid organization skills. Highly entrepreneurial, resourceful, flexible with a high degree of initiative
- Overall strategic agility, ability both to conceptualize and execute, and the capacity to articulate a visionary approach to initiatives that will enhance the long-term financial integrity of the Imagination Station.
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time