Community Engagement Director
Posted Date: 7/28/2021 10:23:46 AM
Updated Date: 7/28/2021 10:39:13 AM
Tags: Relationship building, Diversity,Inclusion,Community
Community Engagement Director
Imagination Station, Toledo’s Science Center is the region’s resource in interactive Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education. We offer a mind on, body on, hands on experience with hundreds of interactive exhibits, activities and demonstrations that teach vital science concepts. The science center is a hub of learning that provides the tools necessary to thrive in the 21st century and that shapes future scientists and innovators. We represent the idea that the sciences are more than theorems or formulas on a page, but are powerful concepts that can allow a wide-eyed child to ride a bike across a high wire and learn about where they get their energy.
This position reports directly to the CEO and serves as a member of the leadership team. A strategic consultant to the CEO, this position works closely with internal and external stakeholders to advance efforts in Diversity, Equity, Access and Including (DEAI) and create a science center known for a culture of belonging that permeates all of its activities. Develops and executes a cohesive approach to aligning and integrating a range of new and existing initiatives, public programs, and systems that foster an inclusive climate and create a science center for all. Generates partnerships to help drive community outreach and communicates these efforts to external constituents. Empowers others to prioritize belonging as a key practice in their own work, creating an internal culture that places a priority on a welcoming visitor experience.
- Works with the leadership team and Board of Directors to develop and implement a cohesive DEAI plan, which includes, but is not limited to: human resources, organizational culture, supplier diversity, communication and branding. Consults on programs and projects that position Imagination Station as an employer of choice.
- Advises on all diversity, inclusion, accessibility and equity-related matters.
- Establishes a Diversity Advisory Council.
- Establish key metrics to assess, measure and track results of DEAI initiatives. Uses data to develop and report results.
- Develops and conducts staff training and development as part of continuous cultural competence development.
- Contributes to development of objective performance measures around DEAI.
- Keeps up to date with regulatory and policy developments related to staff and volunteer diversity and inclusion matters, and stays abreast of best practices and trends in the field.
- Oversees community partnerships and assist in key stakeholder engagement, including working closely with the CEO on government affairs.
- Acts as a primary liaison in community engagement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Communications, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated leadership experience in a related role.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies with a focus on diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Must have 3+ years of demonstrated experience in community and/or government relations, community partnerships and outreach.
- Significant experience working directly with all levels of management on strategic organizational issues is required.
- Must have a demonstrated record of success in designing and implementing strategic communications and diversity and inclusion campaigns.
- Must be an experienced leader able to influence and lead senior leadership without direct line authority.
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
Imagination Station, Pure Science, Pure Fun
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time