Educator (Full Time)
Posted Date: 9/14/2022 1:23:46 PM
Updated Date: 9/14/2022 1:28:05 PM
Tags: Education Science
This key position is the face of the Imagination Station and is responsible for content delivery of a variety of programs and experiences both inside Imagination Station and out in the community. Educators will be encouraged to bring their creativity and ingenuity to the position in an effort to provide a positive and meaningful experience for all visitors.
Function: Delivery a variety of science content to diverse audiences. Educators will be expected to deliver content in a variety of different ways including but not limited to structured workshops, facilitated activities, demonstrations and science festivals.
- Enthusiastically deliver Imagination Station programming as trained to meet or exceed the standards of Imagination Station
- Impart knowledge and know-how of program content; explaining purpose, scope, and relevance of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics)
- Present science programming/activities to audiences of all sizes and ages
- Facilitate hands-on activities on a diverse array of science content
- Strive to assure meaningful Imagination Station experiences
- Assist other departments as needed
- Make sure Imagination Station is well maintained on a daily basis
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to converse with people of all ages and at all levels
- Able to follow a set schedule during working hours
- Science, education and/or theater experience a plus
- Positive, dynamic personality and demeanor is a must
- Able to work and contribute within a team of peers
- Abide by all Imagination Station safety polices/procedures
- Ability to be flexible when dealing with multiple activities
- Comfortable presenting science curriculum to students, families, schools and other community organizations
- Open availability needed, Monday through Sunday
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to stand for 8-hour periods
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds above waist
- Must have a valid driver’s license, with a safe driving record and be capable of operating the Imagination Station owned minivan for program purposes
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
Imagination Station, Pure Science, Pure Fun
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time