Posted Date: 5/17/2021 8:07:40 AM
Updated Date: 5/19/2021 8:17:17 AM
Tags: Education, Science
This full-time position reports to the Experience Manager and is responsible for overseeing the floor team and providing a welcoming and engaging experience for all visitors. This position is responsible for preparing the Experience Team to deliver the best possible experience to our visitors. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, training Experience Team to deliver engaging and scientifically accurate demonstrations, certifying Team on attractions, providing enrichment activities and developing engagement strategies for Team in the learning worlds.
This position will develop and maintain a process for evaluating the Experience Team in three different areas: demonstrations, attractions and the learning worlds. This evaluation will be conducted on a regular basis. This position will work closely with the Engagement Coordinator to provide support and instruction to the floor team. At minimum, half of this person’s time will be spent on the floor delivering content and modeling behavior.
- Experience Team to deliver the best possible experience to our visitors, including attractions, demonstrations, and learning worlds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The critical role of this position revolves around direct interactions with our visitors. 50 percent of your time will be spent on the floor modeling behavior, directly facilitating interactions between visitors and coordinating the part-time experience associates.
- In partnership with other Team members, facilitate Team training.
- Train Experience Team to deliver the best possible experience to our visitors, including attractions, demonstrations and learning worlds.
- Support the Engagement Coordinator with the daily operations of the Experience Team.
- In collaboration with the Chief Scientist, develop and implement evaluation process for Experience Team, including regular evaluations on demonstrations and attractions.
- Develop novel experiences to enrich the visitor experience to include demonstrations, enrichment activities and engagement strategies for each learning world.
- In partnership with other Team members, facilitate Team trainings.
- Assist in hiring and recruiting of new Team members.
- Build a sense of Team and unity among Experience Team and between departments.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude while working alongside and leading Team members.
- Back up in handling discipline issues for Experience Team members.
- Prepare and monitor Team schedules on a weekly basis for attractions, learning worlds, demonstrations, and monitor the production of the daily floor plan. Assist as needed.
- Follow budgetary requirements.
- Attend and participate in monthly Special Events meeting
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required, experience in education, science or museum studies preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Background or interest in science.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and efficient in time management.
- Willingness to learn, take direction and work independently and efficiently.
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility while efficiently working with others.
- Comfortable presenting science curriculum to students, families, schools and other community organizations.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours and lift up to 30 pounds above the waist.
- Available weekday and weekend hours.
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detailed resume outlining job history and experience.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time