Posted Date: 6/9/2021 11:11:21 AM
Updated Date: 4/14/2022 9:52:24 AM
Part-Time Facilities Team Member (Janitorial)
Approximately 20-25 hours/week
This position reports to the Facilities Manager and is responsible for performing janitorial duties for all areas of the science center facility. It requires quality customer service to be provided at all times, with a desire and willingness to learn and acquire proper cleaning techniques and related activities that are essential to the daily operation of the facility.
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and vacuuming.
• Clean and supply all facility restrooms.
• Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in break rooms.
• Empty all trashcans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary.
• Dust furniture, walls and exhibits.
• The use of cleaning solutions according to specifications.
• Wear proper personal protective equipment at all times.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
• Assist in the setup, takedown and clean up for events such as banquets and meetings.
• General maintenance of grounds including but not limited to Removal of debris and snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas using proper equipment.
• Six months or more related experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work effectively with a team.
• Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort.
• Basic knowledge of cleaning products and a willingness to learn.
This position requires routine walking, standing, bending and the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
Imagination Station, Pure Science, Pure Fun
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Part-time