Idea Lab Associate
Posted Date: 4/29/2021 11:23:33 AM
Updated Date: 4/29/2021 11:24:53 AM
Tags: Idea Lab
Idea Lab Associate
Part Time (up to 20 hours per week)
The primary role of the Idea Lab Associate is to facilitate playful and inventive educational activities blending science, art, engineering and design. In addition to facilitating educational activities, the Idea Lab Associate is also responsible for helping to organize and maintain inventory and keep up the general organization of the space.
- Deliver day-to-day visitor experiences in the Tinkering Studio.
- The critical role of this position involves direct interactions with our visitors; 95% of your time will be spent on the floor directly facilitating interactions between visitors.
- Provide a welcoming and collaborative environment that sparks interest. Ensure program spaces are presentable and consistently ready for visitor use.
- Engage in reflective conversation aimed at strengthening visitor understanding and creativity.
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of materials; organize and maintain inventory, parts, tools and materials.
- Model appropriate delivery of activities and content to parents, volunteers and other team members.
- Gather feedback data from visitors.
- Provide a positive role model for Team in how to effectively deliver science experiences to our visitors in extended science conversations.
- Blog successes, failures and growth as a maker/instructor. Track your personal and professional growth as a teacher.
- Assist in the development of activities and investigations, program ideas, and special projects.
- Curiosity, with a desire to learn something new every day and share that knowledge with others.
- Positive, dynamic personality and demeanor that works well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Experience and interest in interacting with children and the general public in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to the general public.
- Experience working with your hands and simple tools.
- Must be comfortable with and highly adaptive to change.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards projects and guests even in the event of struggles and failures.
- Ability to work in crowded noisy atmosphere, standing and/or walking for entire shift up to 8 hours.
- Ability to maintain focus during very busy periods and coordinate many functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and meet deadlines.
- Proven organizational, recordkeeping and inventory management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Background in or currently studying any of the following; Theatre, 3D art, design, science education, the physical sciences, engineering, mathematics education.
- Interest in or participation in the maker movement a plus.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and a willingness to pitch in and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- High school diploma.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds above the waist.
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
IMAGINATION STATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Part-time