Summer Camp Counselor
Posted Date: 4/12/2021 10:11:16 AM
Updated Date: 4/12/2021 10:11:16 AM
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR
June 7- August 6,2021
Training dates– May 24-28
We are seeking outgoing, enthusiastic individuals with an interest in education and strong communication and classroom management skills. Candidates should have previous experience working with children, especially in a museum, camp or recreational setting. This position will be responsible for participating as a cooperative Team Member in the preparation and implementation of Imagination Station’s summer camp program for children entering second through seventh grade.
- Assistance in delivery, preparation and presentation of an exciting, memorable and educational summer camp experience.
- Leading and coordinating key program components such as: drop off/pick-up of camp participants and management of resources and maintenance of inventory.
- High School diploma
- Availability to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:30pm
- Experience working with children
- Exemplary teaching and/or communications skills
- Adaptability and organizational skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Possess a strong concept of cooperation and teamwork
- Knowledge of science topics preferable
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the English language
- Ability to stand for 8-hour periods
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds above waist
- Curiosity, with a desire to learn and share knowledge with others
- Positive, dynamic personality and demeanor is a must
- Able to work and contribute within a team of peers
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
Imagination Station, Pure Science, Pure Fun
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
Job Type: Full-time