Visitor Services Associate
Posted Date: 4/29/2021 11:27:05 AM
Updated Date: 7/5/2021 6:24:51 AM
Tags: Customer Service, Cash Handling
Visitor Service / Cashier
Part Time (Up to 20 Hours/Week)
Description: This position reports to the Visitor Services Lead and is responsible for greeting visitors and for providing quality service through creative retail sales in an amusing and enjoyable environment.
Function: Greet all visitors with a welcoming demeanor; sale memberships to visitors; assist visitors with their selections of merchandise from our "Science2Go" retail store.
- Maintain merchandise levels by assuring all areas are stocked and presentable
- Balance cash drawer after each shift
- Strictly adhere to all return and exchange policies
- Report all suspicious activity and unsafe conditions and situations
- Communicate with visitors by suggesting merchandise consistent with educational level and exhibition programs
- Effectively learn and implement outlined Fire & Emergency procedures
- Engage in ongoing training and professional development experiences
- Prioritize and coordinate busy times with lunch and floor task schedules
- Greet visitors and sale memberships to visitors.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have had at least one year of recent cash management experience
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to quickly and efficiently adapt to change
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as needed
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time typically up to 6 hours
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to kneel or bend over as required for stocking inventory
Imagination Station’s mission is to serve our community by providing informal science education and fun in order to spark a passion for the sciences by combining interactive exhibits and educational programming.
Imagination Station, Pure Science, Pure Fun
All applicants must apply on-line at imaginationstationtoledo.org and submit a detail resume outlining job history and experience.
Job Type: Part-time