Frequently Asked Questions
Your Questions Answered
Imagination Station has been following guidelines from the State of Ohio and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). With recent guidelines changes, we have updated our COVID-19 protocols.
Do I need to wear a face mask?
We recommend that visitors who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine wear a mask. All Imagination Station Team members will be required to wear a mask in the building.
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- Masks should be worn by people who have not received the COVID-19 vaccine
- Masks should NOT be worn by children younger than two, people who have trouble breathing, or people who cannot remove the mask without assistance
Imagination Station is committed to accessibility for all visitors and remains in compliance with the ADA in the use of face masks. If you or a member of your family has a medical condition or disability that prevents you from wearing a face covering, reasonable accommodations will be made for you. Please call us at 419.244.2674 in advance of your visit to receive more information. We will also be able to provide guests who meet this need with a face shield.
What if I don’t have a mask?
Imagination Station will provide a disposable mask for you.
How is Imagination Station following social distancing guidelines?
All members, visitors and Team will practice social distancing in the science center. You will find markings on the floor and signage throughout the building to help remind our visitors to keep their distance. You do not need to be 6 feet from the members of your party.
Will my membership be extended since Imagination Station was temporarily closed due to COVID-19?
Yes – your membership will be extended for the time period the science center was closed to the public and any memberships purchased during the temporary closure won't be active until the science center reopens. New membership cards with updated expiration dates have been mailed out to all Imagination Station members.
What if I don’t want to visit right now -- Will my membership stay in a holding pattern?
Imagination Station will be offering a wide range of opportunities to visit, explore science education. You will have the opportunity to experience on-site and virtual programming and can reserve the science center for a private experience. We will not be holding any memberships after reopening; all memberships will be active. Please contact our Membership department at 419-244-2674 ext. 230 for more information.
Do I need to purchase tickets in advance or can I buy on-site?
You can buy your tickets at the Visitor Services Desk. We prefer you to pay with a credit card or debit card but it is not required.
Where should I park when coming to Imagination Station?
For the most convenient access to Imagination Station, we recommend parking at the Vistula Parking Garage at 610 N Superior St, Toledo, OH 43604, and using the underground tunnel to Imagination Station.
Other ParkSmart garages:
- Superior Street Garage – Superior St.
- Port Lawrence Garage – Jefferson St. / Saint Clair St.
There are many city-owned meter parking spots on the streets surrounding the science center. Parking meters are free on holidays and weekends. Please always abide by the signs for payment and hours for all metered spots.
What additional cleaning procedures are in place for visitors?
Our top priority is the health and well-being of all members, visitors, volunteers and Team members. To ensure peace of mind while you're in the building, Imagination Station has put several additional safeguards in place.
- New cleaning equipment. Imagination Station purchased electrostatic disinfectant sprayers to clean and sanitize large, open areas throughout the science center. This includes two electrostatic sanitizers and twelve Individual handheld sprayers for deep cleaning and sanitizing.
- UV Water Sanitation System. As a way to keep as many exhibits and attractions open as possible, a UV water sanitation system was installed in Waterworks and the Wet Lab in Little KIDSPACE.
- Increased cleaning protocols. Our team will be regularly disinfecting high touch surfaces throughout the day. Exhibits with multiple toys and parts to them will have limited toys out and will be rotated out and disinfected regularly.