Imagination Station, Toledo's Science Center
Imagination Station, Toledo’s Science Center, is dedicated to making science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fun and accessible. There are hundreds of interactive, hands-on exhibits that are exciting and educational for the entire family.
Whether you only have an hour or you have all day, there is plenty to see and do at Imagination Station. Come join us and explore everything that Imagination Station has to offer!
Imagination Station planned reopening delayed.
After careful consideration of the COVID-19 situation currently in Lucas County and the State of Ohio, we have made the difficult decision to delay the reopening of Imagination Station. This decision does not come easily, however, number one priority is the health and safety for our members, visitors and team, we feel this is the right action to take.
As a science center, we understand the science behind the spread of COVID-19 and want to be a part of slowing the spread.
As a result of cases on the rise in Lucas County and throughout the state of Ohio, Imagination Station will not reopen on November 20 as originally planned.
While our doors may still be temporarily closed, we will continue to work to address the needs of our community during this time through virtual programming and opportunities.
We want to thank all of you for your continued support during these challenging and unprecedented times.
When will you reopen?
- The science center will continue to monitor the current situation in Lucas County and the State of Ohio and will reopen when we feel it is in the best interest of our members, visitors and Team
Why is Imagination Station changing plans to reopen?
- At this time, Imagination Station will not be reopening on November 20, 2020 as planned. This decision was made for the health and safety of our guests and Team and was made in light of Lucas County's current Public Health Advisory Alert Level and the national COVID-19 situation. Please know this decision was extremely difficult for us and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of making this announcement on short notice. No new date for reopening Imagination Station has been set.
Where can I find more information on Imagination Station’s reopening plans?
- For up to date information visit imaginationstationtoledo.org/covid-19
Will my membership be extended for this additional temporary closure?
- We will extend memberships for the months remaining on your membership at the time of our temporary closure.
How we are keeping YOU safe!
As Imagination Station reopens we are working harder than ever to maintain a healthy and safe environment for our guests. We are closely following CDC guidelines and the regulations put in place by Ohio Governor, Mike Dewine, to assure the safety of our fellow science loving guests and team.
Key Changes for Imagination Station Guests
Important changes have been made to maintain a safe environment for all.
- To ensure adequate social distancing in the science center, we suggest members and visitors to purchase an admission ticket online.
- Imagination Station team members and visitors over the age of 5 will be required to wear a mask during the entirety of their visit.
- Before entering the science center all team and visitors will have their temperature taken.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout the building near high-touch areas and exhibits.
- Signage will be placed throughout the building to remind visitors to wash and sanitize hands.
- Imagination Station team will be disinfecting high touch areas throughout your visit.
- To maintain social distancing, some exhibits and attractions will be temporarily closed.
- Imagination Station team is following enhanced cleaning protocols to assure everyone's safety.