Science is for Everyone!
We are committed to making Toledo's Science Center an inviting place for anyone to come and explore science! If you have any specific questions or accommodation requests, call us at 419-244-2674 and our wonderful team will assist you.
Accessibility for all visitors is a core value at Imagination Station. We are working to make more accommodations possible for individuals with disabilities and those with language or cultural barriers. The science center continues to partner with area organizations to provide staff training and extended learning to ensure that we create welcoming and inclusive spaces for everyone visiting Imagination Station.
Located at the intersection of Summit and Adams streets, Imagination Station has accessible parking spaces available on a first-come in front of the building. A valid disability parking placard or license plate is required. Visitors may also drop off at the front door using the turnaround.
In the event that spaces in front of the building are full, we recommend using the Vistula Parking Garage located at Superior and Orange streets. Visitors can use the indoor walkway to access the science center.
- A sharps container is available at our First Aid station located behind the Visitors Service desk.
- Only trained service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed at Imagination Station, provided that the animals remained properly leashed and controlled. Pets are not allowed.
- During your visit, be mindful that the Pepper's Ghost exhibit, located at the entrance of MindZone, barks and growls which may be upsetting to service animals.
- Sometimes we all just need a little break. Imagination Station has a dedicated space in Little KidSpace that anyone is welcome to use when playtime (and learning) become a little too much. You'll find the Quiet Room near the entrance of Little KidSpace.
- Benches and other seating options are available throughout the science center.
- The elevator is located in the atrium on both the upper and lower levels of the science center.
- Multilingual website available with Google Translate
- Bilingual (Spanish) Tinkering Takeover Outreach materials including rack cards, posters and activity sheets
- Bilingual (Spanish) Mini Explorers parent materials including activity guides
- Spanish-speaking manager on staff
- Bilingual (Spanish) materials for Visitor Service
- Commitment to staffing interpreters at outreach programs and for translation
- Commitment to community conversations to understand how to better serve all members of our community.
- The KeyBank Discovery Theater has two, sensory-friendly showtimes for 3D educational films. Every Tuesday at 4:15pm and every Sunday at 12:30, will have the lights up and the volume down giving all visitors an opportunity to experience the wonder of the GIANT screen
- Calming Room available
- Noise-reducing headphones and ear plugs available
- Kulture City sensory-friendly bags for both adults and children that include headphones, fidget spinners and social storyboards
- Sensory environment map
- Weighted lap pad
- There is a social story available on the free Kulture City app and at this website: https://venue.kulturecity.org/venues/imagination-station
- The MindZone learning world contains several exhibits with strobe lights, loud sounds, optical illusions and other potential sensory triggers.
- The Grow U exhibit Farm 101’s animatronic characters begin talking as soon as you enter the room.
- Many of the science center’s exhibits are extremely hands-on and may incorporate tactile elements such as differing temperatures, water and sand.
- Extreme Science Demonstrations take place in the Extreme Science Theater on the lower level throughout the day and may include loud noises and bright flashes of light.
- The KeyBank Discovery Theater has a state-of-the-art sound system that may be intense for people with sensory sensitivities. Noise-canceling headphones are available at the Visitors Service desk.
- Additional ADA-compliant parking at Imagination Station's front entrance
- Wheelchair-accessible seating and companion seats in the KeyBank Discovery Theater
- Accessible restrooms located throughout the building
- Wheelchairs available for free to use during visits to the science center
- KeyBank Discovery Theater provides audio description for films whose producers have provide descriptive audio encoding via a Fidelio device
- Braille signage at bathrooms
- Large print maps available at Visitor Service
- Assisted listening and closed captioning devices are available for use in the KeyBank Discovery Theater for films whose producers have provided the necessary coding
- Family bathrooms are located on the Lower Level, Upper Level and in Little KidSpace.
- Nursing room/quiet room
- Diaper stations
- Strollers available for free